You can flag a policy for poor payment history with the system tag Poor Payment History. When you flag a policy for poor payment history:
- Poor Payment History: Yes will appear beneath System Tags in the policy’s policy header.
- Flagged for Poor Payment History will appear under Billing Status in the Policy Details section in the Billing Overview tab of the policy’s Accounts Receivable screen.
- Agents and outside payors can’t change the policy’s billing schedule at any point during the policy lifecycle. For agents and outside payors, the Poor Payment History tag overrides all other billing schedule settings.
Note: Staff will still be able to change the billing schedule of a policy flagged for Poor Payment History on the policy’s Accounts Receivable screen.
- At renewal, BriteCore will automatically change the billing schedule for a policy with the system tag Poor Payment History. BriteCore will change the billing schedule to the Annual, which is the default billing schedule established in Settings > Modules > Policies > Policy Lifecycle > Billing > Billing Schedules.
Note: If desired, staff can change the billing schedule of a policy, with the system tag Poor Payment History, to Annual prior to the policy’s renewal.
The system tag Poor Payment History can be pulled into a BriteData report if you want to analyze poor payors.
To flag a policy:
- On the Policy Search screen, navigate to and access the policy you want to flag.
- In the policy header next to System Tags, select Edit. The Edit System Tags dialog box will open.
- Select the Poor Payment History checkbox.
- Select Done.