The FNOL Drafts screen lets you create a new FNOL and filter the FNOL Drafts list to easily locate the draft you want to access. The FNOL Drafts screen also displays a list of all FNOL drafts with details about each loss.
Create a new FNOL
On the FNOL Drafts screen, below File a Claim, you’ll notice the + New FNOL link. See Figure 1, a. When you select this link, you’re automatically directed to Step 1 of the FNOL workflow: Policy Search. To create and complete the FNOL, see FNOL overview.
To locate a specific FNOL draft, use the filters on the FNOL Drafts screen to filter the list of drafts. To filter the list of FNOL drafts, select the Filters button. See Figure 1, b. The menu of filters will open. Apply any of the filters in the menu to narrow the results in the list. You can apply more than one filter at a time.
When you apply a filter, it will appear above the list of FNOL drafts, next to the Filters button. The applied filter will display the type of filter applied and the option selected for that filter. For example, if you choose to use the Line of Business filter and the line of business you select is Personal Auto, then the applied filter will display as Line of Business: Personal Auto. See Figure 1, c.
To remove a filter, select the applied filter to remove it or navigate to the applied filter in the filter menu and unselect it.
FNOL Drafts list
The FNOL Drafts list displays all FNOLs that have been created but not submitted. The list displays information about the FNOLS in a table with the following columns:
- FNOL Number: In the FNOL Number column, the number assigned to each FNOL is displayed as a link. When you select the FNOL Number link, you’re directed to the FNOL step where information was last entered. See Figure 1, d.
- Created: The Created column displays the date and time the FNOL was created and the username of the user who created the FNOL.
- Date of Loss: The Date of Loss column displays the date and time of loss. This information is pulled from Step 1 in the FNOL workflow: Policy Search.
- Insured: The Insured column displays the full name of the insured on the policy that the claim is filed against. This information is pulled from Step 1 in the FNOL workflow: Policy Search. If an FNOL is created without attaching it to a policy, then no name will appear in the Insured column. See Figure 1, e.
- Policy: The Policy column will display the policy ID and Line of Business associated with the FNOL. This information is pulled from Step 1 in the FNOL workflow: Policy Search. If an FNOL is created without attaching it to a policy, then no policy information will appear in the Policy column. See Figure 1, f.
- Reported By: The Reported By column displays the full name of the party that reported the loss. This information is pulled from Step 2 in the FNOL workflow: Reported By.
- Loss Category: The Loss Category column displays the type of loss that occurred. This information is pulled from Step 3 in the FNOL workflow: Loss Details.