Release date: March 2021
Currently, BriteSuite isn’t integrated with geocoding services. To change that, we have added two new vendor integration services: Google Maps and SmartyStreets.
Geocoding refers to identifying locations with latitude and longitude coordinates, which is more accurate than describing a location’s address with street names.
Geocoding offers several benefits:
- Makes risk assessment much easier and more accurate.
- Pinpoints asset location.
- Enhances risk assessment accuracy for natural calamities, such as earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes.
- Increases data management efficiency.
- Improves coverage pricing for local offices and consignments.
BriteCore’s Extensibility team:
- Connected BriteSuite policies with Google Maps geocoding.
- Completed geocoding and address validation (normalization) work for SmartyStreets.
- Built a custom reference plugin to:
- Provide address autocompletion through Google Maps.
- Validate the address through SmartyStreets.
The Google Maps and SmartyStreets integrations provide two primary API endpoints:
/geocodingcan be leveraged to turn US street addresses into latitude and longitude coordinates.
/suggestionscan be used to create autocomplete controls, making it easier to input addresses in BriteCore.
With the Google Maps and SmartyStreets integrations, you will notice two changes:
- AutoComplete functionality
- Longitude and latitude
The AutoComplete functionality is a typeahead search triggered when you type a street address in address line 1. As you type the street address, a list of suggested addresses appears. When you select one of the suggested addresses, the remaining address information is automatically prefilled.
Note: After the location information is prefilled, if applicable, you can type the apartment/unit number.
Longitude and Latitude
The geocoding functionality automatically adds the latitude and longitude based on the location address and how it was validated.
Note: The latitude and longitude can be hidden from agents.
The Google Maps and SmartyStreets integrations are hosted in your BriteCore Integrations API at
/smartystreets. The provided reference plugin calls each of these services to provide rich address functionality.
To set up these integrations, complete one of the following steps:
- Reach out to your BriteCore representative or do it yourself by:
- Set it up yourself:
- Host the HTML plugin publicly.
- POST the appropriate plugin configuration payload to your
Note: BriteCore’s Extensibility team will need to handle the data mapping.
For more information, please contact your customer service representative or support team.