The Injury Details screen contains information about an involved party’s injuries. You can access the Injury Details screen for a party in one of the following ways:
- Select the party’s link in the Injured Parties column of the Injuries table on the Injuries screen.
- Select the Injury link in the Loss/Injury column of the party’s exposure tree on the Exposures screen.
- Select the link next to the party.
- Select the Injury tab on the party’s injury exposure file.
See Figure 1 for an example view of the Injury Details screen.
The Injury Details screen of an injured party is separated into the following sections:
- Contact Information: This section contains basic contact information. For a first-party claimant, this section is populated from existing contact information in the system. For third-party claimant, this section is populated by information entered in the FNOL. You can edit this section by selecting the party link and then by selecting the Edit button in the <P## – Party name> dialog box.
- Injury & Severity: This section contains information related to the injury that occurred. Information is populated from the FNOL or from the Add Injury dialog box. Select Edit to edit this section.
Note: On an injury record, if you select that the injury was a fatality, add the Fatality tag to the claim. On an injury record, if you select the party is Medicare Eligible, add the Medicare tag to the claim.
- Treatment: This section contains diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plan information. In this section, you can also add ICD-10 codes for the injury, which are used to gather healthcare statistics. In this section, you can also add a hospital or medical facility and a medical provider. Select Edit to edit this section.
- Settlement: In this section, you can add information about the settlement range and a summary of the decision made. Select Edit to edit this section.