There are cases when a return premium must be issued to the carrier instead of the insured.
Example: When a company transitions to BriteCore, there is a window of time when money may be applied to the incorrect processing system. In this case, you would need to issue the return premium to the carrier and apply the money to the correct processing system.
To issue the return premium to the carrier:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- In the Policy menu, select Payments, and then select Return Premium.
- In the Return Premium list, next to the return premium that will be returned to the carrier, select the edit icon .
- In the Return Premium To dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Contact dropdown list, select the applicable carrier.
- In the Address dropdown list, select the carrier’s address.
Note: There may be multiple addresses for a single carrier, so make sure you select the correct one.
- Select Done.