Projected Release Date: August 2020
LexisNexis leveraged their Advanced Linking technology to improve their products’ Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) compliance. LexisNexis enhanced the credit report results you receive when an insured experiences identity theft or a security freeze, or when the insured’s information was flagged for fraud or legal hold.
Agents and underwriters will be notified if an insured’s credit report is flagged in a Warning pop-up window (Figure 1) while using the following LexisNexis integrations:
- C.L.U.E. Property
- C.L.U.E. Auto
- National Credit File (Credit)
- Data Prefill for Auto Insurance
- Motor Vehicle Records (MVR)
Please contact your LexisNexis representative to enable Advanced Linking technology.
Credit report alerts
If an insured’s credit report was flagged, LexisNexis will trigger BriteCore to display the following alert messages in pop-up windows:
- Security Freeze: THE SUBJECT OF THIS CONSUMER REPORT CURRENTLY HAS A SECURITY FREEZE ON FILE PREVENTING THE RETURN OF THE INFORMATION YOU REQUESTED. IF THE CONSUMER WOULD LIKE THEIR SECURITY FREEZE LIFTED PLEASE INSTRUCT THEM TO CALL LEXISNEXIS RISK SOLUTIONS INC. AT 800-456-1244.
- Fraud Alert: THE SUBJECT OF THIS CONSUMER REPORT CURRENTLY HAS A SECURITY FRAUD ALERT ON FILE PREVENTING THE RETURN OF THE INFORMATION YOU REQUESTED. IF THE CONSUMER WOULD LIKE THEIR SECURITY FRAUD ALERT LIFTED PLEASE INSTRUCT THEM TO CALL LEXISNEXIS RISK SOLUTIONS INC. AT 800-456-1244.
- If the insured provided a phone number, BriteCore displays the following additional message: THE CONSUMER HAS PROVIDED THE FOLLOWING PHONE NUMBER FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES: XXX-XXX-XXXX.
- Identity Theft: THE SUBJECT OF THIS CONSUMER REPORT CURRENTLY HAS AN IDENTITY THEFT ALERT ON FILE PREVENTING THE RETURN OF SOME OR ALL OF THE INFORMATION YOU REQUESTED.
- Legal Hold (associated with a Data Dispute Flag): THE FILE FOR THIS CONSUMER IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
The entire credit report is suppressed if it was flagged for a security freeze, fraud alert, or legal hold. LexisNexis may return consumer statements if they’re available. Consumer statements are added to a report by the consumer to clarify what was returned in a report. Consumer statements may include:
- Consumer-level statements that apply to the entire report.
- Record-level statements that apply to a specific entry in the report.
Consumer statements will also be displayed as a message during quoting.
If the credit report is flagged for identity theft, only data associated with the theft is suppressed. The rest of the insured’s credit report will be retrieved.