You can initiate payments on single policies or on policy groups from the Accounts Receivable screen in both the Provider Administrator and Agent portals.
To initiate the payment:
- From Policy Search, select the policy you want to make a payment on.
- Select Accounts Receivable.
- In the Billing Overview tab, navigate to Balance Details and select the Make Payment button. The Make Payment dialog box will open.
- From the Payment Type list, select one of the available options:
- Electronic Payment
- Manual Payment
Note: The Manual Payment option won’t appear in the Agent portal. To make a manual payment when in the Agent portal, select Agent Sweep.
- Agent Sweep
Note: If you select Agent Sweep and you’re in the Provider Administrator portal, additional fields will appear in the Make Payment dialog box.
In the Amount box, the amount from the Balance Details section will appear by default. To change the amount due, type the actual amount of payment or use the arrows to increase or decrease the amount of payment.
In the Check Number (Optional) box, type the check number. As indicated, this is an optional field. See Submit a sweep payment.
- Select Make payment.
- If you selected Electronic Payment, the system directs you to the Secure Checkout screen. See Submit an electronic payment.
- If you selected Manual Payment, the system directs you to the Daily Cash Receipt screen. See Submit a manual payment.
- If you selected Agent Sweep, and you’re in the Provider Administrator portal, you will return to the Accounts Receivable screen after you select Make payment.
- If you selected Agent Sweep, and you’re in the Agent portal, the system directs you to the Payments screen where you can enter the sweep payment. See Submit a sweep payment.