When you enter manual (check, money order, cash) payments on the Daily Cash Receipt screen, the payments will populate in a list below the Check, Money Order, and Cash sections. When you create a deposit receipt for these payments, BriteCore will automatically clear the list of payments and generate a deposit receipt document. When the deposit receipt is generated, BriteCore will also automatically generate payment receipts for each payment listed on the deposit receipt. Payment receipts live in the Attachments screen of the associated policy. You can manage deposit and payment receipts in BriteCore.
Set up deposit receipt notifications
You can receive an email of the generated deposit receipt and/or you can designate other staff to receive an email of the generated deposit receipt. To set up deposit receipt notifications, in the Provider Administrator portal:
- Navigate to Settings > Administrative Alerts.
- On the Administrative Alerts screen, scroll to the Policies section.
- In the Deposit Receipt Generated box, type the email address(es) of the person(s) who should be notified by email when a deposit receipt is generated.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.
An email with the following message will be sent to all recipients identified in the Deposit Receipt Generated box:
BriteCore Administrative Alert: Daily Cash Receipt
Attached to this email is the daily cash receipt generated on MM/DD/YYYY at HH:MM AM/PM.
This is an automated message from the BriteCore system. If you believe you have received this message in error, please disregard this email.
Generate deposit receipt
In the Provider Administrator portal, you can generate a deposit receipt for all payments on the Daily Cash Receipt screen. To generate a deposit receipt:
- Navigate to Policies > Payments > Daily Cash Receipt.
- Review payments entered on the Daily Cash Receipt screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and select Print Deposit Receipt. The deposit receipt document, Daily Cash Receipts, will open in a new window with an itemized list of payments made.
If a payment’s status is Unresolved on the Daily Cash Receipt screen, the following message will appear:
At least one payment is unresolved. Please resolve all payments before generating a cash receipt.
Select OK, and return to the payment that is unresolved.
Regenerating daily cash receipts
If an error occurs as you generate a deposit receipt, it’s possible for the payments on the Daily Cash Receipt screen to be cleared without the creation of the deposit receipt. If this occurs, you can regenerate deposit receipts in one of two ways.
Regenerate a missing receipt
You can regenerate a missing receipt on a policy with the Generate Missing Receipts support tool. This tool is most useful if you know the policy or policies the manual payments were issued on. The support tool can regenerate receipts for one policy at a time.
To regenerate a missing receipt:
- Depending on your UI configuration, you can navigate to Support Tools in one of the following ways:
- Navigate to the footer of any BriteCore module screen and select Support Tools.
- Navigate to and select the user profile icon in the top-right of the screen. Select Resources at the bottom of the dropdown list. Select Support Tools.
- In the Accounting section of the Support Tools screen, select Generate Missing Receipts.
- In the Policy Number box, type the number of the policy with the missing receipt.
- Select Load Payments or press Enter/Return on your keyboard. The payment or payments with missing receipts will populate below.
Note: If the system finds no missing receipts linked to the policy you entered, the following message will appear at the top of the screen:
Policy does not have any payments with missing receipts.
- Select Generate Receipts. A dialog box will open with the following message:
Payment receipt(s) were generated for <policy number> (paymentId:<payment ID). View Receipt.
- Select View Receipt. The missing receipt will open in a new window.
- Select OK to close the dialog box and return to the Generate Missing Receipts tool.
Regenerate a deposit receipt
If you need a deposit receipt for all transactions that occurred on a specific day, please contact your support team and provide the date you need the new deposit receipt for. Deposit receipts for all Daily Cash Receipt transactions on a given date can be regenerated with the following bin script: bin/regenerate_daily_cash_receipt.py YYYY-MM-DD.
Display property address on payment receipt
When you generate deposit receipts on the Daily Cash Receipt screen, a separate payment receipt will be created for each payment listed in the deposit receipt. The payment receipt will be saved in the policy’s Attachments screen. To locate a payment receipt on a policy:
- Access the policy you want to view.
- Navigate to Attachments > Receipt.
- Select the Receipt file you want to view.
You can choose to display the property address on the payment receipt by enabling the show-risk-addresses-on-receipt advanced setting. If there are multiple properties or risk addresses on a policy, the first property will display on the receipt. To display the property address on a payment receipt:
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced.
- Search for show-risk-addresses-on-receipt.
- Select True. If you select False, the property address won’t display on the payment receipt.