The Total Non-Pay(s) field captures the total number of non-pays on a policy. You can find the Total Non-Pays field in the Policy Details section of the Billing Overview tab on the Accounts Receivable screen. The number included in the Total Non-Pay(s) field includes any legacy non-pays manually added.
When the billed premium isn’t paid by the invoice due date for a policy, after nightly processing the policy will enter non-pay. When a policy is in non-pay, the number in the Total Non-Pays field will increase by one, and the Notice of Cancellation, Non-Payment of Premium deliverable will generate for the policy. A Non-Pay transaction will be added to the Account History table, and when you select the Non-Pay link, the Notice of Cancellation, Non-Payment of Premium deliverable will open.
Clients converting to BriteCore must be able to migrate non-pays that existed in their previous system. Clients can manually add these legacy non-pays. Each legacy non-pay added to a policy will increase the number in the Total Non-Pays field by one.
To add legacy non-pays:
- In the Policy Details section of the Billing Overview tab, select the <Number> Non-Pay(s) link. The Legacy Non-Pays dialog box will open.
- Select + Add a legacy Non-Pay.
- In the Non-Pay Date box, use the date picker to select the date of non-pay or type the date of non-pay.
- Select Store Non-Pay. The non-pay date will appear in the Non-Pay Dates section and a message will appear at the top of the screen:
Non-pay saved successfully.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each non-pay you need to add to the policy. When you’re finished, select Done.
The Total Non-Pay(s) field will capture the total number of non-pay dates you added, as well as any non-pays automatically added after nightly processing.
Underwriters or administrators may decide not to count a non-pay against an insured. For these situations, BriteCore lets you delete non-pays. When you delete a non-pay, the Total Non-Pay(s) field value will decrease by one.
To delete a non-pay, navigate to the Accounts Receivable screen of the policy you want to delete the non-pay for, and:
- Navigate to the Account History table on the Billing Overview tab.
- Locate the non-pay you want to delete and select the row of the non-pay. Transaction details will open.
- Select the Delete button. The Confirm pop-up window will open with the following message:
Are you sure you want to delete this row?
- Select Yes. The following message will appear at the top of the screen:
Record deleted successfully.
Delete legacy non-pays
In the event that a legacy non-pay is added in error, underwriters or admins may choose to delete the legacy non-pay.
To delete a legacy non-pay, navigate to the Accounts Receivable screen of the policy you want to delete the legacy non-pay for, and:
- Navigate to the Policy Details section on the Billing Overview tab.
- Beneath the Total Non-Pays field, select the <Number> Non-Pay(s) link. The Legacy Non-Pays dialog box will open.
- In the Non-Pay Dates section, navigate to the date you want to remove and select the red X. The Confirm pop-up window will open with the following message:
Are you certain you wish to delete this non-pay?
- Select Yes. A message will appear at the top of the screen:
Non-pay removed successfully.
- Select Done.
When you manually change the total number of non-pays, BriteCore automatically creates a note in the Notes screen of the policy. The note contains the title of the action that occurred, a description of the action that occurred, the username of the user who completed the action, and a date stamp for when the action occurred. Manual changes include adding a legacy payment, deleting a non-pay, and deleting a legacy non-pay.
When a non-pay is deleted from the Account History table, an email is sent to all recipients listed in the Non-pay has been updated on an Account History administrative alert.