Effective dates for rules serve as a historical record of changes over time. An effective date ties a rule to a particular date in time.
Example: If you choose the effective date January 1, the rule will be effective on and after January 1.
You can manage existing rules effective dates with the following actions:
- Revert to Draft (available only for published effective dates)
- Create Deployable
To manage an existing rules effective date:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Rules.
- On the Rules screen, in the Projects menu, use the arrows to navigate to and select the applicable project.
- On the project screen, select the Effective Date box, and then select Manage effective dates.
- On the Effective dates screen, in the box of the effective date you want to manage, select the options icon , and then complete one of the following steps:
- Select Edit. In the New Effective Date dialog box, make the necessary changes, and then select Save.
- Select Publish.
- Select Revert to Draft (available only for published effective dates).
- Select Create Deployable.
Note: Learn how to create a deployable project version from an effective date.