When manual payments are made on a policy and you add these payments on the Daily Cash Receipt screen, the payments populate in the deposit list. The deposit list provides the following information about the payments:
- Date: The date the payment was entered.
- Amount: The amount of the payment.
- Payor: The individual or organization that issued the payment.
- Payor’s Role: The association of the payor to the policy.
- Payment Method: The type of manual payment: check, money order, cash. If the payment method is a check or money order, the check/money order number will also display under Payment Method.
- Status: The status of the payment.
Note: The payment status unresolved will prevent you from successfully processing the deposit receipt.
From the deposit list, you can:
- View policy information.
- Access a policy’s Accounts Receivable screen.
- Remove a payment.
- Process the deposit receipt.
View policy information
From the deposit list, you can view information about the policy that payment was issued on. To view policy information:
- In the deposit list, navigate to the payment that you want to view the policy information for.
- Select the gray arrow next to the payment. The payment information will expand and provide information about the associated policy, such as:
- Policy #
- Effective Date
- Billing Schedule
- Primary Insured
If one payment is distributed among multiple policies, the associated policies and the above policy information will display.
Access a policy’s Accounts Receivable screen
From the deposit list, you can access the policy or policies that payment was issued on. To access a policy:
- In the deposit list, navigate to the payment that you want to access the policy or policies from.
- The policy number will appear as a link directly beneath the payment information.
- Select the policy number link. You will be directed to the policy’s Accounts Receivable screen. The screen will open in a new window.
If one payment is distributed amount multiple policies, all associated policy numbers will appear as links beneath the transaction information. Select each link to access the Accounts Receivable screen of each policy.
Remove a payment
You can remove a payment from the deposit list. When you remove a payment, it will also be removed from the Account History table on the policy’s Accounts Receivable screen. In the Account History table, the payment will be marked as voided.
To remove a payment:
- In the deposit list, navigate to the transaction you want to remove.
- Select the red X next to the transaction. A Confirm pop-up window will open with the following message:
Are you certain you want to remove this payment from the deposit list?
- Select OK.
Process the deposit receipt
To process the deposit receipt:
- Navigate to the bottom of the deposit receipt list.
- Select the Print Deposit Receipt button. The deposit receipt will open in a new window, and a Message pop-up window will appear on the Daily Cash Receipt screen that says:
The deposit receipt has been generated.
- Select OK.
A note titled Deposit Receipt Generated will generate in Policies > Notes. The note will contain the following information: your username or the username of the person who generated the deposit receipt, timestamp of when the deposit receipt was generated, and the following message:
A Deposit Receipt has been generated in the amount of <Total of deposit receipt>. As a result, all existing payments in the Daily Cash Receipt Payment Queue have been cleared.