Data mapping allows administrators to insert dynamic data points from other BriteCore services into BriteDocs templates. The BriteDocs team sets up data points for all clients during implementation.
The data mapping process includes:
- The BriteDocs team enables data mapping via AWS AppSync.
- AppSync reaches out to other services, such as BriteCore or BriteLines, to retrieve data using customized resolvers.
- The resolvers locate remote data fields and apply any necessary formatting or transformation.
- AppSync exposes the data fields as a GraphQL API, which BriteDocs uses.
- All available data points display in the BriteDocs UI in a tree view. Users can populate deliverables with dynamic data.