If a policyholder’s payment is considered non-sufficient funds, or NSF, it’s recommended that you mark the payment as NSF on the Billing Overview tab of the Accounts Receivable screen.
To mark a payment as non-sufficient funds from the Accounts Receivable screen of the policy:
- In the Account History table, locate the Payment you want to mark NSF.
- Select the gray arrow to open the Details.
- Select Non-Sufficient Funds.
- In the Non-Sufficient Funds Payment dialog box, select how the NSF fee should be charged. You can:
- Assess the NSF fee due with the next bill.
- Assess the NSF fee due immediately.
- Waive the NSF fee.
- Select options for policy cancellation. You can:
- Allow the policy to cancel.
- Postpone past outstanding invoices to a new due date.
- Select Submit.
The payment is now marked as NSF in the Account History table. You can select the gray arrow to view the NSF Details.