It’s easy to create duplicate mortgagee contacts when acquiring new business. BriteCore provides a support tool you can use to consolidate duplicate mortgagee contacts.
To merge mortgagee contacts:
- Navigate to and select Support Tools at the bottom of any BriteCore screen.
- Navigate to Contacts and select Transfer Mortgagee Policies.
- In the Current Mortgagee box, type the name of the mortgagee that will be removed from the policies. As you type, a dropdown list of possible matching contacts will appear. Select the correct contact to transfer.
- In the New Mortgagee box, type the name of the mortgagee the policies will transfer to. As you type, a dropdown list of possible matching contacts will appear. Select the correct contact to transfer the information to.
- In the Date Effective box, use the date picker to select the effective date of the policy transfer.
- Select the Update Policies button. The Successful Policies pop-up window will open with the list of policies transferred. Select OK to close the window.
Note: BriteCore will create a Policies Reassigned note in the Notes section of both the former and new agencies. Included in the Policies Reassigned note is the automatically generated ID number.
If there are multiple contacts that need to be consolidated, you will need to use the Transfer Mortgagee Policies tool for each instance. If you merged mortgagee contacts in error, you can use the generated ID number in the Policies Reassigned note to revert the use of the Transfer Mortgagee Policies tool. See Revert mortgagee policies transfer.