Within BriteClaims, you can access Notes from multiple areas. The ability to view, access, and make changes in the Notes section depends on your role and the claim’s status. You can access Notes from within the following areas of the BriteClaims system:
- The Claims Home screen
- A first notice of loss (FNOL)
- A claim file
- An exposure file
To access Notes:
- From the Claims Home screen, any screen in the claim or exposure file, or any screen on or after Step 2 – Reported By in the FNOL workflow, navigate to the right sidebar. Depending on location and user role, you will see either one, two, or three icons.
- Select the paper icon. The Notes section will open.
Note: If you hover over the icon, Notes will display in a tooltip.
Notes view based on location
The notes you view will vary based on where you accessed the Notes section from. For example:
- Claims Home: When you select the Notes icon from the Claims Home screen, you will be able to view all notes you have created in the system. You won’t be able to view notes created by other users or notes specific to one claim.
- FNOL: When you select the Notes icon from within the FNOL workflow, you will see all notes created on the specific FNOL you’re in.
- Claim file: When you select the Notes icon from within a claim file, you will see all notes created for the specific claim, including notes created by other users, notes created during the FNOL workflow, and notes created at the exposure file level.
- Exposure file: When you select the Notes icon from within an exposure, you will see all notes created for the specific exposure, including notes created by other users. You won’t see notes created on other exposures, claim specific notes, or FNOL workflow notes.
Condensed and expanded view
In the Notes section, you can view the condensed or expanded version of notes. The condensed view of notes displays by default. When you first access Notes, you will see three icons at the top of the screen. See Figure 2.
The image above displays the following buttons:
- Expanded view: When you select this button, the system will display the entirety of each note. In the expanded view, notes that exceed the character limit for the condensed view will display the View less link. When you select this link on a note, the individual note will return to its condensed view.
- Condensed view: When you select this button, the system will display the condensed view of each note. In the condensed view, notes that exceed the character limit for the condensed view will display the View more link. When you select this link on a note, the individual note will open and display its expanded view.
- Expanded section: When you select this button, the system will expand the Notes section. The button to condense the Notes section will then replace the button that expanded the Notes section. To return the Notes section to its condensed state, select this button .
Actions you can complete in BriteClaims Notes
In addition to your role and the claim’s status determining if you can view, access, and make changes in the Notes section, you can also restrict the ability to view notes based on the note type.
When you open the Notes section, it remains static on the right side of the screen, so you can navigate through various screens within a claim file while you add, edit, archive, or view a note.