Within BriteClaims, you can access Notes from multiple areas. The ability to view, access, and make changes in the Notes section depends on your role and the claim’s status. You can access Notes from within the following areas of the BriteClaims system:
- The Claims Home screen.
- A first notice of loss (FNOL).
- A claim file.
- An exposure file.
To access Notes:
- From the Claims Home screen, any screen in the claim or exposure file, or any screen on or after Step 2 – Reported By in the FNOL workflow, navigate to the right sidebar. Depending on location and user role, you will see either one, two, or three icons.
- Select the paper icon. The Notes section will open.
Note: If you hover over the icon, Notes will display in a tooltip.
Notes view based on location
The notes you view will vary based on the location you’ve entered the Notes section from. For example:
- Claims Home: When you select the Notes icon from the Claims Home screen, you will be able to view all notes you have created in the system. You won’t be able to view notes created by other users or notes specific to one claim.
- FNOL: When you select the Notes icon from within the FNOL workflow, you will see all notes created on the specific FNOL you’re in.
- Claim file: When you select the Notes icon from within a claim file, you will see all notes created for the specific claim, including notes created by other users, notes created during the FNOL workflow, and notes created at the exposure file level.
- Exposure file: When you select the Notes icon from within an exposure, you will see all notes created for the specific exposure, including notes created by other users. You won’t see notes created on other exposures, claim specific notes, or FNOL workflow notes.
Actions you can complete in BriteClaims Notes
- Add a new note.
- Search for and filter notes.
- Edit an existing note.
- Archive a note.
In addition to your role and the claim’s status determining if you can view, access, and make changes in the Notes section, you can also restrict the ability to view notes based on the note type.