The Parties screen manages parties added throughout the lifecycle of a claim. In addition to managing parties in the Parties screen, you can add, edit, and remove parties in the Details, Vehicles, Damaged Properties, and Injuries screens. Parties added in one of these screens will be automatically added and updated in the Parties screen; they will populate one or more of the sections in Parties based upon their assigned roles.
When you add parties as new contacts, BriteCore will save and store these parties in the Contacts module. If you add existing contacts as parties in a claim, you can search for and add the contact to the claim. When you add an existing contact, the contact information will be pulled from the Contacts module.
Claims definitions related to parties
- Involved parties: Parties directly involved in the loss, either as the party causing harm or damage or the party that has received harm or damage.
- Non-involved parties: Parties that aren’t directly involved in the loss and therefore can’t file a claim.
- Associated parties: Parties that are related in some manner to an involved party, such as a spouse, child, parent/guardian, attorney, agent, and service provider.
- Vendors: Service providers either generally related to the claim or specifically associated to an involved party. Vendors that are to be paid for services must be approved by an authorized person that has access to the Contacts module.
- Claim role: Role assigned to a party such as owner, driver, passenger, pedestrian, agent, attorney, witness
- Relationship role: Role assigned to an associated party describing their relation with an involved party. This includes roles such as child, spouse, parent/guardian, medical professional, etc.
- Claimant ID: An alphanumerical ID assigned to an involved party if the party has an exposure.
The Parties screen is divided into three sections:
- Involved and Associated Parties
- Vendors / Other
- Claim Assignments
Involved and Associated Parties
The first section that appears on the Parties screen is Involved and Associated Parties. In this section, you can add and remove involved and associated parties. Involved and associated parties can also be added from one of the screens mentioned above.
For Personal Auto, the only role you can add in this section is Pedestrian. Other involved party roles for Personal Auto are added in the Vehicle or Damaged Properties screens.
To access the area to add associated parties, you must expand the tree structure by selecting anywhere in the Name column, except directly on the Claimant ID or party name. When you do this, the Associated Parties subsection opens below the involved party. When you add an associated party, that party will automatically populate in the Vendors / Other section as well.
Note: The person icon to the right of the party name in the Name column indicates how many associated parties are connected to an involved party.
Vendors / Other
The second section that appears on the Parties screen is Vendors / Other, where you can add and remove vendors and other types of parties. Vendors and others can also be added from one of the screens mentioned above. When you add a vendor or other party in the Vendors / Other section, you can associate that party to an involved party. In personal auto, if the role(s) of an involved party is/are removed, the party will automatically be moved from the Involved and Associated Parties section to the Vendors / Other section. This can occur when a party is disassociating with a vehicle as an owner, driver, or passenger, or the owner of the damaged property.
The third section that appears on the Parties screen is Claim Assignments, where you can add, reassign, and unassign a primary claims adjuster. If a claims adjuster is assigned to the claim file elsewhere in the claims system, the information of the assigned claims adjuster will populate the Claim Assignments section. In the future, this section will be used for assigning other internal users to a claim, such as a claim supervisor, claim assistant, etc.
The view of the Parties screen can be changed with the two icons on the top right side of the screen. By default, the Parties screen displays contacts grouped based on how they are associated with the claim and this icon is selected .
To view all contacts associated with the claim ungrouped and in alphabetical order, select this icon .
- Add an Involved or Associated party
- Add Vendors / Other
- Add new contact as a party – Individual
- Add new contact as a party – Organization
- Search for an existing contact
- View party information
- Edit party information
- Remove parties
- Manage vendors on a claim file
- Add and remove parties from a claim’s Details screen
- Add and remove parties from the Vehicles screen
- Add and remove parties from the Damaged Properties screen
- Add and remove parties from the Injuries screen
- Assign, reassign, and unassign claims adjusters
- Enable SSN matching
- Add and configure party roles