On the Payment Processing screen, you can toggle between the Pre-Processing and Payment Run History screens. The Payment Processing screen provides accounting or finance teams the ability to view and validate eligible payment transactions, filter payments by various components, add payments to a batch, export batch payments to external systems for issuance, and receive information (check number, check date, and clear date) back from the external system. Within Payment Processing, you can also view the payment run history.
When payments are entered in an exposure file’s Accounting screen, they automatically populate in the Pre-Processing list, which you can view in the Pre-Processing view of the Payment Processing screen.
The Pre-Processing screen contains two tables. The first table contains new payments that haven’t been added to a batch or processed, and the second table contains payments added to a batch that haven’t been processed. The tables contain the same columns:
- Status: The Status column contains the status of the payment, which is pulled from the Transactions table of Accounting screen.
- Pre-Process Status: The Pre-Process Status column indicates if the payment is eligible to be processed.
- Due Date: The Due Date column pulls information from the payment entered in the Accounting screen.
- Entered Date: The Entered Date column indicates the date and time the payment was entered.
- LOB: The LOB column displays the line of business associated with the policy that the claim is filed on.
- Coverage: The Coverage column displays the coverage type the payment is filed against.
- Claim Number: The Claim Number column displays the claim number that the payment is made on.
- Claimant: The Claimant column displays the claimant identified on the payment.
- Payee: The Payee column displays the payee(s) listed on the payment made.
- Reserve Category: The Reserve Category column displays the category selected from the Reserve Category dropdown list when making a payment.
- Transaction Code: The Transaction Code column displays the category of transaction selected from the Transaction Code dropdown list.
- Transaction ID: The Transaction ID column displays the ID assigned to the payment once it has been approved.
- Amount: The Amount column displays the payment amount.
- Payment Method: The Payment Method column displays the type of payment.
- Adjuster: The Adjuster column displays the adjuster assigned to exposure associated with the payment.
The Payment Run History screen contains one table that includes the following information:
- Batch ID: The Batch ID column displays the batch number link. When you select the link, you’re directed to the Details pop-up window.
- Date & Time: The Date & Time column displays the date and time when the batch was run.
- Number of Payments: The Number of Payments column displays the number of payments included in the batch.
- Amount: The Amount column displays the total amount of payments exported in the batch.
- Run By: The Run By column displays the name of the person who processed the batch payments.
- Issuance Status: The Issuance Status column displays the status of the processed batch.
In the Payment Processing screen, you can:
- Search for and filter payments.
- Add payments to a batch.
- Remove payments from a batch.
- Submit payments.
- View payment run history.