Once you select your state and Lifecycle Parameters, you can configure the Payment settings.
Configure the Payment settings
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select Modules, and then select Policies.
- On the Policies screen, under Policy Lifecycle, select Edit.
- In the Confirm dialog box, select Yes to save your data before proceeding.
- At the top of the Policy Lifecycle screen, select the Choose a State dropdown list, and then select the applicable state.
- Select the Payment tab, and then configure the following sections:
- Return Premium: Type the minimum threshold for return premium.
- Options: Select options for enforcing minimum and maximum payment amounts.
- Renewals: For new business and renewals, you can automatically match the billing schedule to the amount of the payment.
- When you finish configuring the payment sections, select Save and Exit, and then select either Save or Save and Exit at the top or bottom of the screen.
Payment settings descriptions
The Return Premium section contains one setting: the Minimum Threshold Amount.
When a policy is canceled and the amount of the return premium is above the defined minimum threshold, the amount will be moved automatically to the Return Premium Queue; otherwise, the return premium will remain on the policy.
This setting is needed only when a client does not use issue return premiums automatically.
The setting uses less than or equal to logic. A threshold of $10 means any return premium less than or equal to $10 will remain on the policy.
The setting pertains only to cancellation transactions; it doesn’t apply to return premiums caused by a policy change or an overpayment of premium due.
The Options section contains the following settings:
Enforce minimum (currently due) and maximum (payoff amount) payment amounts when making electronic payments from the Secure Checkout page: By default, insureds can pay any amount on a policy from the secure checkout screen. A setting enables clients to disallow a payor from under- or over-paying a policy when making a credit card or ACH payment from BriteCore’s secure checkout page. This setting doesn’t enforce the restrictions on agency sweeps made from the settings in the Agent Portal under Payments.
Enforce minimum (currently due) and maximum (payoff amount) payment amounts when making agent sweep payments: This setting will prevent payments outside the amount range between the current amount due and the payoff amount and will be enforced in the Provider Administrator and Agent portals.
The Renewals section contains one setting:
For new business and renewals, automatically match the billing schedule to the amount of the payment: With this setting enabled, billing schedules will automatically update if the payment amount for an initial or renewal invoice is within the threshold(s) defined:
- You have annual and semi-annual billing schedules.
- You use the above setting and set a $5 threshold.
- A policy has an annual billing schedule with $1000 of written premium.
- If the insured makes an initial payment greater than or equal to $495 or less than or equal to $505, the billing schedule of this policy will automatically update to semiannual.
Important: When you finish configuring the payment sections, select Save and Exit, and then select either Save or Save and Exit at the top or bottom of the screen.