The first tab of a policy’s Overview screen is the Overview tab. The Overview tab provides a summary of the policy, including information about the insureds, the agency, billing, and premium. Figure 1 shows an example of the Overview tab on a policy’s Overview screen.
From the Overview tab, you can view policy information, access the named insured’s Information screen in the Contacts module, view billing information, make a payment, view policy details, view premium details, and access claims.
The Overview tab consists of:
- Date dropdown list: The date dropdown list contains the policy’s effective dates, which include the initial effective date, endorsement effective dates, and renewal effective dates. The information that appears on the Overview tab is based on the date selected from the date dropdown list.
- Insured Details: This section displays an expandable box for each named insured on the policy. When the box is expanded, the insured’s mailing address is displayed. Notice the icon next to each named insured. When you select this icon, the system directs you to the associated contact’s Information screen in the Contacts module.
- Billing Overview: This section displays the amount currently due and the Make Payment link, the policy’s billing schedule, the due date, the non-pay cancel date, the number of non-pays within the term, and the total number of non-pays throughout the policy lifecycle. When you select the Make Payment link, the system directs you to the policy’s Accounts Receivable screen.
- Policy Details: This section displays the agency on the policy, the Email link, the agency’s address, and the policy renewal date. When you select the Email link or hover over it, a tooltip displays the agency’s email address.
- Premium Details: This section displays the total term premium amount, the prorata premium amount, the total number of reinstatements, and the total number of claims. The icon appears next to the number of claims, which is displayed as a link. When you select this link or icon, the system directs you to the Details screen of the most recent claim.