To prevent duplicate claim entries, BriteCore will search the system to identify potential duplicate claims when you create a claim in the Agent portal. After selecting the loss date and time in the first notice of loss (FNOL), BriteCore will automatically search for any additional claims filed on the same policy from one day before the entered loss date to one day after the entered loss date. If a potential duplicate claim is identified the Potential Duplicate Claim dialog box will open. See Figure 1.
Potential Duplicate Claim dialog box
The Potential Duplicate Claim dialog box contains the following information about potential duplicate claims:
- Name: The claim number, which is a link you can select to view details specific to that claim.
- Named insured(s): The named insured(s) listed on the policy the claim is filed against.
- Loss Date: The date and time of loss of the potential duplicate claim.
- Loss Address: The address where the loss occurred.
- Cross Street: The cross street, if applicable, where the loss occurred.
- Loss Cause(s): The cause of loss.
- Loss Description: Description of the loss event.
Review potential duplicate claims
If multiple potential duplicate claims are identified, you can scroll through the list of displayed claims.
To review potential duplicate claims:
- Navigate to the claim you want to view.
- Select the claim number link. The claim will open in a new window.
- Review the claim file information to determine if the claim you’re viewing is a duplicate of the claim you’re filing.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each displayed claim.
- If you determine the claim isn’t a duplicate, select Continue FNOL to finish filing the claim. See Agent portal – complete first notice of loss or Step 1 – Policy Search.
you determine the claim is a duplicate, select Cancel FNOL or the X on the Potential Duplicate Claim dialog box.