In BriteLines, you can version products by effective date, allowing you to make changes to a product without affecting in-force policies.
Note: You can publish product versions into production based on a specific effective date.
Create new versions
In BriteLInes, when you create a new product, BriteCore automatically creates the product’s first version. This initial version will be in a Draft state and labeled Initial Version. On every page within the product, you can see the product version.
Note: You can edit a product version to rename it.
Product versions move through a basic workflow of product states:
- Draft: The Draft state means you can still edit a version.
- Locked: The Locked state means you can’t make changes to a version. You can only view the version’s data.
- Published: The Published state means the effective date is set and the version is locked. You can write policies against a version once it’s published.
- Archived: The Archived state means the version isn’t available in the list on the Line Overview screen under Version. You can reinstate an archived product version.
Note: Archived versions are excluded from quoting.
On each screen, from the version dropdown list, you can:
- Create a product version.
Note: The Create a New Version option is available only if all prior versions have been Published or Archived.
- Edit a product version.
- Lock and unlock a product version.
- Publish a product version.
- Archive a product version.
Conditional version actions
When certain criteria are met, you can perform these actions: