After you initiate the FNOL from the Claims or Policies modules, you can complete the FNOL. To complete the FNOL:
- In the claim file header, select the Edit button under Policy ID. The Policies dialog box will open.
Note: If you initiated the FNOL from the Policies module, BriteCore automatically pulls in the policy information to this section. Move to step 3.
- To locate the policy that the claim will be filed on, type the policy information in the Search box, such as Policy ID, Named Insured, or Policy Type, then select Go. Select the correct policy from the generated search list. When you select a policy, you will automatically return to the claim header.
Note: If you don’t know the policy information, you can select Go with a blank Search box. This will return all policies.
- Select Edit beneath Loss Date. The Loss Date dialog box will open.
- Use the Date boxes to type the date of the loss using the MM/DD/YYYY format. Use the Time boxes to type the time of the loss using the HH/MM format. Select the AM or PM radio buttons. When you’re finished, select Done to save the information and return to the claim header.
Note: Depending on the advanced setting, allow-cat-auto-assign and the date and time entered, a Confirm pop-up window may open listing the possible catastrophe(s) that can apply to the claim.
Select Yes or No. BriteCore will return you to the header.
- Select Edit under Loss Cause. The Loss Cause dialog box will open.
- In the Perils section, select perils to add to the loss by typing the peril type in the Search box and selecting Go. You can also select directly from the list of perils. When you select a peril, BriteCore automatically moves the peril to the Loss Cause section. When you’re finished, select Done to save the information and return to the claim header.
Note: If you select a peril by accident, use the red X to remove the peril from the Loss Cause list.
- To add system tags, select Edit next to System Tags. The Edit System Tags dialog box will open.
- Select system tags from the list. When you’re finished, select Done to save the information and return to the claim header.
- In the Description box, type a detailed description and summary of the loss.
- Depending on the advanced setting, fnol-like-claim-submission, a Submit button may appear in the claim header beneath Status. Select the Submit button to submit the claim. If the Submit button isn’t displayed, move to the next workflow.
- Email Information Related to Claim
- Custom Deliverable