When a template version is ready to become an active deliverable, you are ready to publish it to the BriteCore system.
Publishing a document requires an effective date, similar to a policy or line of business. This is the date when a particular version of a deliverable will be usable in the system.
Once a version has been published and its effective date has passed, you can no longer edit the template. If you discover an error or would like to revise a published version, you must create a new template version.
To create a published version of your template:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Documents.
- Select the appropriate template folder.
- Select the template you want to publish.
- In the template editor, select Settings.
- In the Settings dialog box, the Name is populated. You can edit it as needed.
- The Description box is populated. You can edit it.
- The Version Name box is populated.
- In the Version Description box, type a description.
- In the Version Effective Date box, select and choose a date on the date picker. You can also type in the date: YYYY-MM-DD.
- Select Save.
Note: For a template to be rendered in BriteCore, you must set an Effective Date.
Once a template goes live, the version under the Explore Templates screen changes to Live.