In BriteCore, you can reinstate policies with the following policy statuses:
- Cancellation Pending Non-Payment of Premium
- Cancelled Policies
- Expired Policies
You may want to reinstate policy coverage when:
- It was canceled for non-payment of premium and the insured paid their outstanding debts.
- It was canceled for underwriting issues and the underwriting issues have been resolved.
In the Policy Lifecycle – Reinstatement settings, you can configure reinstatement reasons.
Reinstate a policy
Note: To reinstate expired policies, you must enable the Allow expired policies to be reinstated setting in the Policy Lifecycle – Expiration settings.
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policy Search screen, navigate to and select the applicable canceled or expired policy.
- Under the Additional Description box, select the Reinstate Policy icon .
- In the Reinstate Policy dialog box, complete the following steps:
- Select the applicable reinstatement fee option.
- In the Reinstatement Reason box, type the reason for reinstatement.
- Select OK.