BriteCore is set up for billing operations to continue while working remotely. Billing setup, billing schedules, and billing invoices won’t be impacted by transitioning to remote work. Collaborate with named insureds on transitioning to remote payment methods: auto-pay, online pay, or mobile pay.
You can set up auto-pay for named insureds, or you can adjust settings to allow named insureds to set up auto-pay for themselves.
Add auto-pay to an insured’s account
To set up auto-pay for an insured, select the policy from the policy list, then:
- Navigate to the Accounts Receivable screen of the open policy.
- On the Accounts Receivable screen, scroll down to the Billing Setup section.
- Above the Payment Method box, select Add. The Payment Method dialog box will open.
- Select the payment method type, and then complete the Payment Method dialog box.
- Select OK to save the information you entered in the Payment Method dialog box. BriteCore will save the payment methods entered as auto-pay payment methods.
- In the Billing Setup section, select the new payment method from the Payment Method dropdown list.
Enable or disable Payments settings
To ensure named insureds can set up auto-pay for themselves in the Insured portal, you must enable or disable Payments settings. Table 1 summarizes the Payments settings. To enable or disable Payments settings:
- Go to the Settings dashboard.
- Select Payments under Settings in the sidebar.
- Under a Payments setting, select the slide to enable. Select the slide again to disable.
Table 1: Payments settings descriptions.
|Setting Name||Default||Read only?||Description|
|Allow Auto Pay||Enabled||No||If the setting is enabled, Automatic Payments section will display.|
If the setting is disabled, Automatic Payments section will not display.
|Allow Auto Pay Change On Escrow||Disabled||No||If the setting is enabled and the Payment Plan is Escrow Billing Payments and Allow Auto Pay setting is enabled, the Auto Pay section will display.|
If the setting is disabled and the Payment Plan is Escrow Billing Payments and Allow Auto Pay setting is enabled, the Auto Pay section will not display.
|Auto Pay Confirmation Message||Disabled||No||If the setting is enabled and the Allow Auto Pay setting is enabled, the Confirm Authorization message will display for the user to accept or decline when the Automatic Payments field is turned on.|
If the setting is disabled and the Allow Auto Pay setting is enabled, the Confirm Authorization message will not display.
Wording for this message can be updated on the Content page under Payments in auto_pay_modal_authorization_text.
The Allow Auto Pay setting must be enabled for the user to turn on Automatic Payments.
Be mindful of the time you are processing information related to policies, claims, and billing. Daycron will continue to execute around midnight on weekdays. Daycron doesn’t run on weekends. If you process items during abnormal business hours, late hours, or weekends, the items may not be processed through Daycron until the following batch cycle.