When you enter the Notes section from within the BriteClaims system, you can search for a note based on specific criteria and filter the notes list by specific criteria.
Search by specific criteria
You can search for notes by typing the note title or note description in the Search box. You can search by the full or partial note title and by the full or partial note description. To search for a specific note:
- In the Search box, type the note title or note description.
- Select the magnifying glass or press Enter/Return on your keyboard to generate the search.
Filter the Notes list
You can use one or multiple filters to narrow the list of notes. To filter the Notes list by specific criteria:
- Select the filter icon, which appears next to the Search box. A dialog box of available filters will open.
- Choose from the available filters:
- Created on: Allows you to filter the list by notes created within a designated date range.
- Author: Allows you to filter the list by the author of the note. The Author dropdown list is populated by users in the system.
- Note type: Allows you to filter the list by the type of note created. Note types are assigned at the time of note creation, and the options that appear in the Note type dropdown list are configurable.
- Tags: Allows you to filter the list by tags applied to a note. Tags are applied at the time of note creation. The options that appear in the Tags dropdown list are configurable.
- Related to: Allows you to filter by the exposure the note is attached to. The options that appear in the Related to dropdown list are populated by the exposures identified within the claim the note is associated with.
- Related parties: Allows you to filter by parties associated to the note. The options in the Related parties dropdown list are populated by the parties associated to the claim the note is associated with.
- Once you have selected the filters you want to use, select Filter. The filters used will appear beneath the Search bar of the Notes section.
You can clear active filters in more than one way:
- Beneath the Search bar, the list of active filters will appear. To clear a filter, select the X or the labeled filter to remove the filter.
- Within the Filters dialog box, you can select Clear and all active filters will be removed.
The available filters will change depending on the location from which you accessed the Notes section. If you enter the Notes section from:
- The Claims Home screen, then a filter is automatically implemented to display only the notes you have created. In addition to this automatic filter, you can filter by Created on, Note type, and Tags.
- An FNOL draft, you can filter by Created on, Author, Note type, and Tags.
- A claim file, you can filter by Created on, Author, Note type, Tags, Related to, and Related parties.
- An exposure file, then the Related to field is automatically populated with the exposure you’re in. When you access the Notes section from an exposure, notes from another exposure won’t be accessible. You can filter by Created on, Author, Note type, Tags, and Related parties.