In the Claims List screen, you can search for a specific claim with the Search box and narrow search results with the Filter By dropdown list. You can search for a claim in both the Provider Administrator and Agent portals. Once you locate a specific claim, you can view and update the saved claim information depending on your role and access permissions.
You can conduct a claims search within the Claims List screen of the Claims module or by using the Claims Quick Search in BriteCore.
Claims List search
Follow these steps to search for claims within the Claims module:
- Navigate to the Search box in the Claims List screen.
- Type your search criteria into the Search box, such as loss date, loss cause, claim number, policy number, status, claimant(s), claims adjuster(s), or named insured(s) of the policy attached to the claim.
Note: You can use the Help link above the Search box to view additional search tips.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard, or select Go.
Claim Quick Search
Follow these steps to search for claims within the Provider Administrator portal of BriteCore using the Claim Quick Search:
- Press g followed by c on your keyboard to open the Claim Quick Search dialog box.
- In the Search box, type search criteria such as loss date, loss cause, claim number, policy number, status, claimant(s), claims adjuster(s), or named insured(s) of the policy attached to the claim.
Note: Enter specific search criteria to generate relevant results in the Matching Claims list.
- In the Matching Claims list, use your keyboard arrows to navigate to the claim that matches your search.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard. BriteCore will direct you to the Header and Information screen of the claim.
If the claim was recently viewed, it may appear in the Recently Viewed Claims list below the search box in the Claim Quick Search dialog box. Use the keyboard arrows to navigate through the Recently Viewed Claims list to select the claim you want to view, and then press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
You can filter claims and search results lists by using the Filter By dropdown on the Claims List screen. From the Filter By dropdown, select the claim status you want to filter the search results by. You can use the Filter By dropdown in lieu of entering search criteria, prior to entering search criteria, or after search results are generated. You can only filter the claims list by one status at a time.
The advanced setting historical-claims determines whether or not the claim status Historical, Reporting Only will appear in the Filter By dropdown. If the historical-claims advanced setting is set to True, Historical, Reporting Only will appear. If the historical-claims advanced setting is set to False, it won’t appear.