The Add <Party> dialog box is the standard dialog box that will open when you select to add a party at any point in the claim system. The dialog box has two views:
- Search for an existing contact
- Add new contact as a party
The claims system supports logic that will default to one of these views depending on where the dialog box is launched from. For example, when you select to add a pedestrian, the Add Pedestrian dialog box will default to the Add new contact as a party view. This default is based on the assumption that it’s unlikely for a pedestrian to be involved with more than one claim in your system. When you select to add a medical professional, the Add Medical Professional dialog box will default to the Search for an existing contact view. This is based on the assumption that it’s more likely for a medical provider to be associated with more than one claim in the system.
Note: If the default view isn’t the view you need to access, you can select the Add new contact as a party or Search for an existing contact buttons to be directed to the correct view of the dialog box.
After selecting the button to add a party, you can choose to search for an existing contact or choose to add a new contact as a party.
To search for an existing contact, ensure the Search for an existing contact view is displayed, and:
- In the Search for an Existing Contact box, type the full or partial name of the contact. You can also search by SSN or TIN.
Note: When searching by SSN or TIN, enclose the number in quotation marks to return the one result that matches the number.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard or select the magnifying glass to search.
- In the generated search results, locate the correct contact and select the radio button next to the contact.
- Scroll to the bottom of the dialog box and select Save.
The contact will be added as a party and will appear in the Involved and Associated Parties section or the Vendors / Other section.