You can select a Line Item in the Rate Chain through the database instead of the Lines module.
To select a Line Item in the Rate Chain through the database:
- Create a new Line Item and name it something you can easily remember, such as [yourName].
Note: In the steps below, yourName is used as the name of the new Line Item you created in step 1.
- Get the yourName Line Item UUID from the URL.
- For a side-by-side view of both line items, yourName and the one you want to update, open yourName in another browser window.
- Set up yourName the same way as the item you want to add the new Line Item to.
Important: Ensure the Line Item isn’t set to Mandatory.
- Create the Rate Chain for yourName exactly like the one you are trying to add the new item to or with only the Rate Per Rate Object.
- In yourName, in the Rate Per dropdown list, select the new item you want to add, such as ML-342.
Note: You don’t need to copy all of the items already on the Rate Per dropdown of the item you are copying from.
- Navigate to the Line Item you want to copy the new Rate Chain to, and then, copy the Line Item UUID.
- Navigate to the RATE_CHAIN_REFS table.
- Filter for CHAINID using the Line Item UUID you copied for yourName LINEITEMID.
- In the filtered results, change the CHAINID of the rows to the yourName CHAINID to move them from yourName to the Line Item you want to copy them to.
Note: If you need to make a lot of updates, you can use an update statement.
- Delete the copied yourName Line Item.