BriteCore has two age categories: Last Remodel or Update and Age of Roof. The age categories are located in the Policy Builder in the Property Rating Information section on a Property Line Item. The dates listed in the age categories are used for rating policies.
Note: If you don’t select an age, the category uses the first option in the list by default. The default option can take precedence over the [Blank Category Default] setting in Settings > Modules > Lines > Options.
To set age categories in Policy Builder:
- Log in as an Agent or Administrator.
- In the BriteCore menu, select Policies.
- On the Policies List screen, select the applicable Unsubmitted policy.
- On the Revisions screen, select the Builder tab.
Note: You may need to scroll down the screen to locate the Builder tab.
- On the Builder tab, in the Primary Exposures section, navigate to Property Rating Information, and then, select the Expand icon .
- In the Property Rating Information box, in the applicable age category dropdown list, select the applicable year.
Figure 1: The Age of Roof age category.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Rate and Save.
Note: You need to commit the policy revision for the changes to take effect.