Clients can add an extension to cancellations to accommodate mortgagees. When used, BriteCore will report a cancel date of X more days via InsVista to the mortgagee. BriteCore will still process the policy on the original cancel date as if there is no extension. The extension is reported to the mortgagee through InsVista only.
To use the mortgagee extension, you must enable the Allow Mortgagee Extension setting. To enable this setting:
- In the Provider Administrator portal navigate to Settings > Modules > Policies.
- Select Edit under Policy Lifecycle. A Confirm pop-up window will display with the following message:
You are about to leave the page. Would you like to save your data before proceeding?
- Select Yes to save your data. You will be directed to the Policy Lifecycle screen.
- From the Choose a State dropdown list, select the state you want to enable this setting for.
- Select Lifecycle Parameters Are the Same for All Business or Lifecycle Parameters Are Defined Per Policy Type.
Note: If you select Lifecycle Parameters Are Defined Per Policy Type, you will be prompted to select the policy type that you are enabling the mortgagee extension for.
- Select Cancellation.
- In the Options section, navigate to and select the Allow Mortgagee Extension for <Number of days dropdown list> Days checkbox.
- Select a number from the number dropdown list. This determines the number of days that the mortgagee extension will last.
- Select Save or Save and Exit.
When the setting is enabled, a Grant Mortgagee Extension of Cancellation checkbox appears on every policy. When a mortgagee is added to a policy, the extension automatically applies via the checkbox mentioned above. To remove the extension, uncheck the box on the policy.