By default, a policy’s Payment Method is set to Manual Pay: Check, Cash, Money Order. However, a policyholder may want their payment automatically withdrawn from a checking account or credit card. The payment method can be changed to auto-pay on the Accounts Receivable screen of the policy.
From the Billing Setup area of the Accounts Receivable screen:
- Beside Payment Method, select Add.
- Select Credit Card or ACH.
- Add the credit card or checking account information.
- Select Billing address for account is the same as the contact’s primary address or add a billing address.
- Select Submit.
- From the Payment Method dropdown list, select the payment option the policyholder wants to use.
- To change the date funds are withdrawn for an automatic payment, select an option from the Withdraw Funds When dropdown list.
Note: The payment method will not automatically be updated to auto-pay when you add an auto-pay method. You need to select the auto-pay option from the dropdown list.