Line item groups allow a relationship to be established among line items. When line items are related, or when one of the items of the Line Item Group is added to a policy, the user is prompted to add the other items within the group.
Important: This functionality has been superseded by underwriting rules.
To set up line item groups:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Effective Dates screen, select the effective date you want to use.
- On the Policy Types screen, select the Components dropdown list, and then select Line Item Groups.
- In the Line Item Groups section, complete the following steps:
- In the Select State or Province dropdown list, select a state or province.
- In the Select a Policy Type dropdown list, select a policy type.
- Select the Add a New Line Item Group plus icon.
- In the Line Item Group Setup dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the Line Item Group Name box, type the name of the line item group you want to set up.
- In the Line Items to Include section, select the line items you want to include. Select the folders to view all of the available line items.
- Select Done.