For lines of business that don’t require risk location information, such as umbrella coverage, carriers can hide the Risks tab in the new policy wizard and bypass risk address information.
Note: Since most current carriers write lines of business that require risk location information, the setting is enabled by default.
To set up Policy Types that don’t require addresses:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines > Effective Date > Policy Types.
- On the Effective Dates screen, select the applicable effective date.
- On the Policy Types screen, complete the following steps:
- In the Select State or Province dropdown list, select a state or province.
- Navigate to the applicable Policy Type, and then select Edit .
- Ensure Requires an Address for risk(s) isn’t selected.
Note: This setting applies to the new policy wizard workflow.