When generating return premiums, administrators can opt to reject return premiums, regardless of the return premium generation process (manual or automatic).
Note: BriteCore recommends clients use the rejected return premium feature.
Reject a return premium
If you want the option to reject a return premium, enable the clear_return_premium_reject setting.
The clear_return_premium_reject setting:
- Removes the return premium from the Return Premium Queue.
- Adds the return premium back to the policy as a separate Rejected: Return Premium row in Account History.
- Creates a Return Premium Rejected note.
Prevent the return premium notice from printing
If you want to prevent the return premium notice from printing, you need to change the Print State of the associated Return Premium Notice when a return premium is rejected.
To change the Print State of the associated Return Premium Notice:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Reports.
- In the Reports menu, select Attachments.
- On the Attachments screen, complete one of the following steps to navigate to the file you want to edit:
- Select the folders and subfolders containing the file.
- In the Search for a File box, type the name of the file, and then select Search.
- Select the blank space of the file’s row.
- In the 1 File row that appears, select the Print State button. See Figure 2.
- In the Edit Print State dialog box, complete the following steps:
- In the dropdown list, select either Void or Do Not Print or Email.
- Select OK.
Note: If the functionality doesn’t work after completing the steps above, contact BriteCore to make adjustments in the database.