Once you set up Quickbooks locally, you need to set up the Quickbooks Web Connector.
Note: The free Quickbooks add-on, the Web Connector (QBWC), is a third-party application that exports data from BriteCore to QuickBooks.
Set up the Web Connector
You will need to complete three processes to set up the Web Connector:
- Download the Web Connector.
- Add an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file.
- Configure the Web Connector.
Download the Web Connector
If your version of QuickBooks doesn’t have the Web Connector pre-installed, you will need to download and install it.
If you want to run the Web Connector from the centralized server, install a copy of QuickBooks on the server, but if you want to manage the Web Connector from a single client computer, install QuickBooks on only that computer.
To download the Web Connector Application:
- On the Intuit Developer site, go to the Get started with Quickbooks web connector section.
- In the Download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector section, under the version of the Web Connector you want to download, select Download, unzip and install the QuickBooks Web Connector.
Add an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file
Note: BriteCore engineers can view the Create an IWSWebSvc.qwc file documentation.
To add an IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file:
- Contact BriteCore to request a IWSWebSvc.qwc (IWS Web Service) file:
- Implementing clients: Email your project manager.
- Existing clients: Submit a ticket through Zendesk.
Note: You can provide a username and password you would like to use for BriteCore-QuickBooks transactions. If you do, make sure you retain the username and password for your records.
- Add the IWSWebSvc.qwc file to the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Download the IWSWebSvc.qwc file to the desktop of the machine with the QuickBooks Web Connector installed on it.
Configure the Web Connector
To configure the Web Connector:
- Open QuickBooks, and then ensure it points to the company file you want the IWS Web Service to interact with.
- Log in to QuickBooks as the Administrator.
- In Quickbooks, select File, select Single User Mode, and then set QuickBooks to Single User Mode.
Note: Once the file is installed, you can set QuickBooks back to Multi-User Mode if applicable.
- In QuickBooks, select File, and then select Update Web Services to open the Web Connector application.
- In the Web Connector application, select Add An Application, navigate to and select the IWSWebSvc.qwc file you downloaded, and then select Open.
- Select OK on the Authorize New Web Service screen.
- On the QuickBooks – Application Certificate screen, complete the following steps:
- Under Do you want to allow this application to read and modify this company file?, select Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running.
- Select Allow this application to access personal data such as Social Security Numbers and customer credit card information.
- Select Continue.
- On the Access Confirmation page, select Done.
- On the QuickBooks Web Connector app, type your password in the text box, and then select Enter.
- To save the password, select Yes.