Multi-factor authentication (MFA) increases security by requiring two forms of authentication during login—a special code and unique username/password.
With BriteAuth, you can set up MFA in two ways:
- Set up MFA using a text message
- Set up MFA using an authenticator app
To set up MFA using an authenticator app:
- On the top-right of the screen, select your profile icon.
- Select My Account.
- On the My Account sidebar, select Security.
- Select Set up Multi-factor Authentication.
- Select Authenticator App.
- Select Next.
- Open your preferred authenticator app on your cell phone, tablet, or other device.
- In your authenticator app, choose to add a new account by scanning a code.
- Scan the QR code with your device’s camera. If you have trouble scanning the code, complete the following steps:
- Select Can’t scan code?
- Select the manual entry option from your authenticator app.
- Copy or type the code shown on screen into your application. The code is typically entered in a field labeled Key or Secret. Refer to your chosen application’s documentation for specific set up information.
- When asked for an account name, use a name that will remind you of the site and account where the codes are valid.
- Select Next.
- In the Validate the generated code by entering it below box, type the six digit code generated on your authenticator app.
- Select Validate.
You have successfully set up authenticator app MFA with BriteCore.