The first step in the FNOL process is to identify the policy the loss event is being filed against. To access the Policy Search screen of the FNOL process, select + New FNOL on the FNOL Drafts screen or select + New Claim on the Claims Home screen.
To complete the Policy Search screen:
- In the Loss Date box, use the date picker to select the date the loss event occurred. This is a required field.
- In the Loss Time box, use the time picker to select the time of day the loss event occurred. This is a required field.
- From the Timezone dropdown list, select the timezone of the location where the loss occurred. This is a required field.
- In the Search for and select a policy box, type the insured name, phone, address, or policy number associated with the policy you’re trying to locate. Select Search or press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
- From the generated results, select the radio button next to the policy you’re filing the loss event against. If multiple pages of search results are generated, use the pagination at the bottom of the screen to navigate through the results.
Note: If the loss date is outside of the selected policy effective dates. A pop-up message will appear with the following statement: Selected policy has no revisions effective during the provided loss date.
- Select Continue. See Step 2 – Reported By.
Information added in the Policy Search screen will populate the Loss Information section of the claim file’s and exposure file’s Details screens.
When you select a policy, the FNOL step menu on the right side of the screen will populate with the remaining steps.
When you select Continue, the New FNOL label attached to this FNOL will change to the automatically assigned FNOL Number.