On the Risks screen, you can add property detail information, such as the physical location of the risk/property, images of the risk/property, loss history of the risk/property, and the risk/property mortgagee. The information provided can impact rating or the decision to approve the policy.
Note: From the Provider Administrator portal, you can’t add multi-location risks in the Quote wizard. You can add multi-location risks in the Quote wizard from the Agent portal.
Depending on configuration and the primary insured’s address type, you may be able to copy the primary insured’s address as the risk/property address. The risk/property address must be a physical address; it can’t be a P.O. box. If the Quote wizard is configured to provide the option to copy the primary insured’s address and the primary insured’s address is a P.O. box, then BriteCore will hide the option to copy the address from the primary insured.
Add the address
To add the address of the risk/property:
- In the Street Address box, type the street address of the risk/ property. If you attempt to enter a P.O. box, the following message will appear:
Address can not be PO Box
- If applicable, type the apartment number, unit number, suite number in the Apt., Suite or Unit Number, etc. box.
- In the Zip Code box, type the ZIP code for the location of the risk/property.
When you enter the ZIP code, the City, County, Latitude, and Longitude sections will populate with information that matches the address provided. A Google Map will display the address.
Note: Google Maps can display only for valid addresses.
Copy the address from the primary insured
To copy the address, select the Copy Address from Primary Insured link. The address will automatically populate.
The address will appear beneath Property Details, and next to the Address, you’ll see (Copied from Primary Insured). The Address, County, Latitude, and Longitude fields will automatically populate. A google maps image will populate for the address.
If you want to use a different address, select the Use a different address link.
You can get the protection class for the risk by selecting Get Protection Class, which will populate the Protection class and Fire District fields beneath the property address. These fields provide a snapshot of the community’s firefighting capabilities based on the location of the property. The Protection class field provides a rate of the property location and the Fire District field provides a rating of the fire district the property is located within.
On the Risks screen, you can upload photos of the property. Navigate to the Photos section and:
- Select Upload Photos. The Upload Photos dialog box will open.
- In the Upload Photos dialog box:
- Drag and drop one or more image files to upload.
- Select the box to open your computer’s file navigator (Windows Explorer or Finder). Navigate to and select one or more files, and then select Open.
- When you’re finished uploading files, select Save.
If the risk you’re quoting has a previous loss history or if the insured on the policy has a previous loss history, you can add information about losses in this section.
Loss History report
The Loss History report refers to losses reported by a vendor, such as ISO or LexisNexis CLUE. To obtain a Loss History report, select the Retrieve Current Loss History Report button. The most recent Loss History report will populate beneath the Vendor Reported Losses subsection.
To add an insured disclosure, select Add Insured Disclosure. The Insured Disclosure dialog box will open.
- In the Loss Date box, type the date of loss or use the date picker to select the loss date.
- In the Loss Description box, type the description of the loss.
- In the Loss Amount box, type the total amount of loss.
- From the Loss Cause dropdown list, select the type of loss that occurred.
- When you’re finished adding information, select Add Disclosure.
The disclosure will appear beneath the Insured Disclosures subsection. You can edit the disclosure, by selecting the pencil icon.
If configured, you can add the mortgagee(s) on the Risks screen. To add mortgagees:
- Select + Add a Mortgagee; the Mortgagee dialog box will open.
- If the mortgagee is an existing contact, use the Search existing contacts box to search for the mortgagee. Type the name of the mortgagee in the Search box. Select the correct name from the dropdown list the appears beneath the Search box. The mortgagee’s name and address will appear at the top of the dialog box.
- If the mortgagee is a new contact, select the add a new contact link. The New Contact dialog box will open. Complete the fields and select Save Contact. The mortgagee’s name and address will appear at the top of the dialog box.
- From the Type dropdown list, select the type of mortgagee.
- In the Description box, type a brief description of the mortgagee.
- In the Loan Number box, type the mortgage loan number.
- In the Mortgagee Statement box, type the statement of the mortgagee.
- Select Add Mortgagee.
The mortgagee will appear beneath the Mortgagees section. You can edit or remove the mortgagee from the policy by selecting the Options link in the top right corner of the mortgagee box and then selecting Edit Mortgagee or Remove from Policy.
When you’re finished adding information to the Risks screen, select Save Property Details. BriteCore will direct you to the next step: Rating.