In the Agent portal, you can submit manual payments through Agent Sweep. Depending on settings, Agent Sweep allows you to add single or multiple payments to the Sweep Queue. You can access Agent Sweep in two ways:
- From anywhere in the Agent portal, navigate to and access the Payments module. To add single payments to the Sweep Queue, select Schedule Sweep Payment. To add multiple payments to the Sweep Queue, select Batch Sweep Payments.
Note: The Batch Sweep Payments screen will only appear if the advanced setting enable-batch-sweep-payments is set to True.
- From the Accounts Receivable screen of a policy:
- Select Make Payment. The Make Payment dialog box will open.
- Select Agent Sweep radio button.
- Select Make payment.
Once you access Agent Sweep, you can enter the manual payment.
Schedule sweep payment
You can add single payments to the sweep payment queue from the Schedule Sweep screen. To add a sweep payment:
- In the Add Payment to Sweep section, in the Named Insured/Policy Search box, type the named insured or policy number.
Note: If you access the Schedule Sweep screen from a policy’s Accounts Receivable screen, that policy’s policy number will populate the Named Insured/Policy Search box by default.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard. If more than one result is generated, the Choose a Policy dialog box will open. Select the correct policy, and then select OK. The Named Insured, Billing Schedule, Amount, and Payment Method fields will populate with information pulled from the policy. If you access the Schedule Sweep screen from the Accounts Receivable screen of a policy, the Named Insured, Billing Schedule, Amount, and Payment Method will automatically populate these fields.
- Named Insured: This field can’t be edited. The named insured will populate based on the selected policy. You can verify that you’ve added the correct policy by ensuring the name in the Named Insured field is correct.
- Billing Schedule: Depending on settings, you can edit the billing schedule from Agent Sweep. If additional billings schedule populate the Billing Schedule dropdown list, then you can edit this field.
- Amount: The payment amount.
- Payment Method: The sweep account of the agent/agency associated with the policy will automatically populate.
- In the Check Number box, type the check number of the payment, if applicable.
- Select Add. The payment will populate in the Sweep Queue.
If there are outstanding debits or future invoices on a policy, the Debits Remaining section will populate with the Bill Date, Due Date, Debit Amount, and Unpaid Amount.
Batch sweep payments
When the advanced setting enable-batch-sweep-payments is set to True, the Batch Sweep Payments screen will appear and be the default screen in the Payments module.
The Batch Sweep Payments screen allows you to add payments to one or more policies. You can add one payment or multiple payments to multiple policies. To add a payment or payments:
- In the Search for a Contact by Name or Policy Number box, type the name or policy number you want to apply the payment to, and then select Search or press Enter/Return on your keyboard. The Choose a Policy/Named Insured dialog box will open with a list of policies that match your search criteria.
Note: If you access the Batch Sweep Payments screen from a policy’s Accounts Receivable screen, the named insured’s name will automatically populate the Search for a Contact by Name or Policy Number box, and all policies associated with that named insured will appear in the Apply Payments to One or More Policies section.
- Select one of the policies.
- If applicable, associated policies will appear in the Apply Payments to One or More Policies section.
- Navigate to the box in the Payment Amount Applied column of one policy, and type the amount of payment you want to apply to this particular policy.
- Navigate to the dropdown list in the Payment Type column of the same policy and select the type of payment that was issued.
Note: If you select Check, the box in the Check Number column will be enabled and you can edit this box.
- If applicable, navigate to the box in the Check column of the same policy and type the check number of the payment.
- Navigate to the box in the Payor column of the same policy and type the name of the payor.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each policy you want to add payment information for.
- Select Submit Payments, and the payments you entered will populate the Sweep Queue.