SunGard (FIS) is a ledger software from which clients track and issue checks. While BriteCore produces financial transactions, clients can’t create or issue checks within BriteCore. Instead, BriteCore sends data to SunGard to track and print return premium and claim checks.
BriteCore integrates with SunGard, which allows data transfer between both applications. BriteCore creates a SunGard-compatible file for financial transactions. This occurs overnight as BriteCore grabs all the transactions and puts them into a Comma-Separated Value (CSV) file. The CSV file is pushed to SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) for SunGard to process. The resulting CSVs are accessible with BriteCore for reference.
- Contact SunGard (FIS).
- Complete the required paperwork.
- Set up SunGard:
- Save SunGard-provided information, such as your company code and SFTP information.
- Set up your return premium and claim accounts within SunGard.
Note: Save your SunGard information, because you will need it to set up SunGard in BriteCore.
To transfer data between BriteCore and SunGard, you need to set up SunGard in BriteCore.
To set up SunGard in BriteCore:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select Vendors.
- On the Vendors screen, under Accounting, select SunGard.
- Next to SunGard, select the edit icon .
- In the SunGard dialog box, add your information in the appropriate boxes.
- When you’re finished, select Done.
Figure 1: SunGard dialog box.
The export format for SunGard is hardcoded into Britecore. Users who use SunGard’s software will be provided a PDF.
BriteCore’s Claims and Billing modules scan the database to collect the necessary information to create a defined CSV file. BriteCore then sends the CSV to SunGard. SunGard produces and sends both return premium and claims payment checks.
Manually export claim payments
Administrators may want the Pending Payments screen to export to SunGard immediately rather than waiting for a nightly batch process of the SunGard Claims file. In that case, they can manually export claim payments.
To manually export claim payments:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Claims.
- In the Claims menu, select Processing.
- On the Processing screen, select the records of the payments you want to export, and then select Process Selected Pending Payments.
- In SunGard, on the Reports attachments screen, verify the selected claims records appear on the statement.