The System Tags feature is a flexible way to track and report things in BriteCore against BriteCore data.
To access System Tags:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select System Wide, and then select System Tags.
These pages concern the general use of system tags.
Tag types are a standard reference to a set of information, such as policy types, sublines, line items, or line item categories.
There are two types of tags in BriteCore:
- System tag: A hard-coded tag within BriteCore created for a specific case, such as vendor integration.
Note: Those with database access may view a complete list of their site’s custom tags.
- Custom tag: A tag created by a user.
Note: Those with database access may view a list of their site’s custom tags.
In BriteCore, you can use tags in several ways.
You can apply tags to:
- Lines, including:
- A line of business.
- A policy type.
- A subline.
- A line item.
- A line item category.
- A supplemental question.
- A supplemental question option.
- A line item schedule.
System tags can be referenced in BriteData for various reporting needs using the applicable tag data point.
Example: The data point Claim System Tags would reference any tags scoped to Claims.
To learn more about system tags, see the following articles.