The information below is to help BriteCore engineers troubleshoot the Lines module.
Which revision is correct?
- Are they both correct?
- Problem: Was the Endorsement premium bearing, and did it affect this item?
- Solution: Sometimes the best way to figure this out is to calculate the rate by hand.
- Try changing policy_types.useRatingV1.
Is one rating incorrectly?
- All items go through get_premium_or_rate_it(). As you start stepping through rengine, determine which step in the Rate Chain is incorrect.
- If it is somehow failing on selected items, it’s going to build_combination at some point. Is the combination correct?
- After it finds the combination, it goes through get_rate. There is different logic per rateObj in here, but step through and ensure everything makes sense.
- If everything comes out of get_premium_or_rate_it() and still matches the calculations you did by hand, suspect rounding issues and check for Premium Group interference.
Note: The rengine can do some wonky stuff with items.
- Ensure the item gets rated when it should be rated by verifying that a bad reference doesn’t exist in the Lines setup, where an item rates before it’s actually capable of rating.
To check a policy’s rating:
- Open a New Revision for the applicable date.
- Re-rate the policy.
- Select Save.
Note: If the Rate is now correct, a user may have made changes to the Line.
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- In the Lines menu, select Notes, and then check for any recent updates.
What else can I check?
You can also check to see if:
- All line items reference the same effective date.
- A user recently updated any lines of business (Lines > Notes).