You can unapprove transactions that have the status Approved. The Approved status means the transaction hasn’t yet gone through payment processing and been posted.
To unapprove a transaction, access the Accounting screen of an exposure file, and:
- In the Transactions table, navigate to a transaction with the status Approved.
- Navigate to the Actions column of the transaction and select the ellipsis. A dropdown will appear.
- Select Unapprove. A Payment pop-up window will open, asking the following:
Are you sure you want to unapprove payment?
- Select Yes to unapprove the payment. Select Cancel to return to the Accounting screen without unapproving the transaction.
When you select Unapprove:
- The status of the transaction will change from Approve to Draft.
- The Claim Accounting Summary and associated Exposure Accounting Summary will change, as the payment transaction amount will move from the Payment column back to the Reserve column.
- The system will make automatic entries in the Transactions table that document that change.
See Figures 1 and 2 that demonstrate changes made to the Exposure Accounting Summary and the Transactions table.