BriteCore has six categories of underwriting enforcements:
- Geographical Restrictions
- Product Offerings
- Enterprise Knockout Questions
- Step Specific Rules
- Underwriting Questionnaire
- Straight Through Processing
Table 1 summarizes BriteCore’s underwriting enforcements.
Table 1: BriteCore underwriting enforcements.
Set up specific rules
Enforce data collection
When an agent adds a new contact in BriteCore, clients can enforce the collection of SSN, Date of Birth, or Phone Number.
To enforce data collection:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings menu, select Modules, and then select Contacts.
- On the Contacts screen, under Contact Pop-Up, select the options you want to require when adding contacts.
Note:You can define the enforcements for BriteCore and BriteQuote independently.
Enterprise Knockout questions
Enterprise Knockout questions are preliminary underwriting questions, which apply regardless of line of business.
For more information, see Set up a limit threshold.
Set up Yes/No questions
To set up Yes/No questions:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Effective Dates screen, select the applicable effective date.
- On the Policy Types screen, complete the following steps:
- In the Select State or Province dropdown list, select a state or province.
- Navigate to the applicable Policy Type, and then select Edit .
- On the Details screen, select Questions.
- On the Questions screen, select the Add Question icon .
- In the Question box, type a yes or no question.
- In the Explain dropdown list, select the applicable option.
Note: Selecting If Yes displays a text box where the agent must type an explanation.
- In the Disallow Application dropdown list, select the applicable option.
Set up customized questions
Since customized questions must be activated by a developer, you will need to contact BriteCore.
For more information, see Set up supplemental questions.