BriteCore has six categories of underwriting enforcements:
- Geographical Restrictions
- Product Offerings
- Enterprise Knockout Questions
- Step Specific Rules
- Underwriting Questionnaire
- Straight Through Processing
Table 1 summarizes BriteCore’s underwriting enforcements.
Table 1: BriteCore underwriting enforcements.
Set up specific rules
Enforce data collection
When an agent adds a new contact in BriteCore, clients can enforce the collection of SSN, Date of Birth, or Phone Number.
To enforce data collection:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Settings.
- In the Settings submenu, select the Modules dropdown list, and then select Contacts.
- On the Contacts screen, navigate to the Contact Pop-Up section and then under BriteQuote, select the data you want to enforce collection for.
Note: You can define enforcements independently in the Administrative Portal and Policyholder Portal.
Enterprise Knockout questions
Enterprise Knockout questions are preliminary underwriting questions, which apply regardless of line of business.
Set up Yes/No questions
To set up Yes/No questions:
- In the BriteCore menu, select Lines.
- On the Lines screen, select the applicable effective date.
- In the Policy Types submenu, select Underwriting, and then select Questions.
- On the Questions screen, select the Add Question icon.
- In the Question box, type a question.
Note: Each question has Yes and No radio buttons.
- In the Explain dropdown list, select the applicable choice.
Note: Selecting If Yes displays a text box into which the agent must type an explanation.
Set a Limit Threshold
A Limit Threshold allows clients to define a limit threshold value for a defined list of coverages.
Set Up Fully-Customized Questions
This setting must be activated by a developer.
For more information, view Set up supplemental questions.