You can void transactions from the Transactions table on the Accounting screen of a claim file or an exposure file. You can only void transactions where the Type is Payment and the Status is Posted. If the Payment has already been voided, you can’t void the transaction again.
To void a transaction, access the Accounting screen of a claim or exposure file, and:
- Navigate to a transaction with the Type set as Payment and the Status set as Posted in the Transactions table.
- Navigate to the Actions column associated with the transaction, and select the ellipsis. A dropdown will appear with actions you can complete for the transaction.
- Select Void. A Payment dialog box will open and will ask the following:
Are you sure you want to void payment?
- In the Void Reason box, type the reason you are voiding the transaction.
- Select Yes to void the transaction. Select Cancel to return to the Accounting screen without voiding the transaction.
When you void a transaction, the transaction status will change from Posted to Void. Automatic entries will be made in the Transactions table to remove the payment and increase the reserve. These new entries will reference the Transaction ID of the original payment. See Figure 1.