There are several things you can do to perform regular maintenance on the site.
- Create a backup
- Update plugins
- WP Engine Smart Plugin Manager auto-updates plugins
- Manually update plugins
- Update themes
- Test WP Forms
- Optimize the WordPress databases (see below)
- Run performance tests
- Fix broken links and 404 errors
- Optimize the Help site
- Clear the Help site caches
- Troubleshoot maintenance tasks
For more information, read Elementor’s WordPress Website Maintenance: A 16-Step Checklist of Crucial Tasks.