If a policy cancels due to non-pay without ever entering into Cancellation Pending for Non-Pay status, it may be the result of a misconfigured Policy Lifecycle Setting. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
Check the Due and Cancel Dates on the Unpaid Invoice
- Navigate to the Accounts Receivable tab of the cancelled policy.
- Open the dropdown on the Invoice that caused the cancellation to view the Details.
- The Due Date and Cancel Date will be the same.
Identify the Misconfigured Policy Lifecyle Setting
- Navigate to Settings, click the Modules dropdown, and select Policies.
- Click Edit under Policy Lifecycle at the top of the page to open Policy Lifecycle Settings.
- Choose the correct State and Policy Type if necessary.
- Navigate to the Non-Pay tab.
- Check the value entered for the Length (In Days) of Non-Pay Cancellation Pending setting.
- If the value is 0 Days, this setting is misconfigured and caused the impacted policy to cancel without ever entering into Cancellation Pending for Non-Pay status.
Video Tutorial to Identify the Misconfigured Policy Lifecycle Setting:
Submit a Support Ticket
Policy Lifecycle Settings can only be changed by BriteCore employees. To resolve this issue, submit a support ticket and request that the Length (In Days) of Non-Pay Cancellation Pending policy lifecycle setting be updated. Please specify the new numerical value that should be entered for this setting.