The organization identified as the main insurer or the insurance company in a client's implementation of BriteCore is the primary carrier. You can add a primary carrier in the Contacts module.
Filter the Contacts List by Primary Carrier to see if a primary carrier exists in the system. If there isn't a primary carrier, you can continue to add the primary carrier role. If a primary carrier exists in the system, you can’t add the primary carrier role to another contact.
Add a primary carrier
To add a primary carrier, open the desired contact and:
- In the Role section, select Add a Role to open the Role dialog box.
- In the Role dropdown list, select Primary Carrier.
- Select Done to close the dialog box and return to the Role section.
- Select Save beneath the Role dropdown list. A Save Completed pop-up window will open.
- In the NAIC Number box, type the primary carrier’s NAIC number.
- In the Surplus Lines Producer box, type the name of the primary carrier’s surplus lines producer.
- If the name is similar to a contact that exists in BriteCore, a dropdown list of possible matching contacts will appear. If applicable, select the correct contact from the dropdown list.
- If a dropdown list doesn't appear or there isn't a matching name, press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
- If the name is similar to a contact that exists in BriteCore, the Did You Know? pop-up window opens with a list of possible matching contacts. If the provided contacts don't match the name you have entered, select Create New Contact to open the New Contact dialog box. Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or for an organization.
- If the name isn't an existing contact in BriteCore, the New Contact dialog box will open. Complete the New Contact dialog box for an individual or for an organization.
- When you finish entering information, select Save. A Save Completed pop-up window will open. If you select Cancel, BriteCore won't save the entered information.