You can restrict users from editing and viewing contact login information in the Contacts module by adding the permission level rule /britecore/contacts/information/loginInformation. When a user with this permission level rule accesses a contact in the Contacts module, BriteCore hides login credentials from view.
To add the permission level rule:
- Navigate to Settings > System Wide > Permissions.
- In the Permission Levels section, select the pencil icon next to the permission level you want to add the rule to, such as Employee or Underwriter.
Note: If you don’t see the permission level you want to add the rule to, you may need to first add the permission level. See Add permission level.
- Select + Add Rule to add a new rule.
- In the Access column, select the None radio button.
Note: If you select the Read/Write radio button, the user will continue to have access to edit and view the contact login credentials.
- From the Rule dropdown list, select /britecore/contacts/information/loginInformation. BriteCore will automatically save the new rule.
- In the Role Permissions section, ensure the role that matches the permission level you added the rule to is assigned the correct permission level. For example, if you added the rule to the Employee permission level, ensure that Employee displays in the Employee Role Permissions dropdown list.
You can also set up permission levels at the contact level in the Contacts module. See Permissions version 1 overview to learn more about the interaction between permission levels set at the role level and permission levels set at the contact level.